- RDC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $72 million
- RDC has traded 694,404 shares today
- RDC is up 3% today
- RDC was down 5.2% yesterday
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RDC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RDC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RDC: Rowan Companies plc provides offshore oil and gas contract drilling services. The company owns and operates 30 self-elevating mobile offshore jack-up drilling units and ultra-deepwater drill ships. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. Currently there are four analysts that rate Rowan Companies a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. The average volume for Rowan Companies has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Rowan Companies has a market cap of $2.47 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.11 and a short float of 7.2% with 2.15 days to cover. Shares are down 19.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Rowan Companies as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 14.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 41.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- 49.75% is the gross profit margin for ROWAN COMPANIES PLC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -58.77% is in-line with the industry average.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.60, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 2.65 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 757.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $49.70 million to -$326.90 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, ROWAN COMPANIES PLC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Rowan Companies Ratings Report
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.