- CRIS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.4 million.
- CRIS has traded 313,243 shares today.
- CRIS is trading at 2.74 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- CRIS is trading at a new high 3.16% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CRIS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CRIS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CRIS: Curis, Inc. is engaged in the research, development, and commercialization of cancer therapeutics. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Curis a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Curis has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Curis has a market cap of $325.0 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 110.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Curis as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 198.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$1.87 million to -$5.58 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, CURIS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$2.09 million or 852.70% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- In its most recent trading session, CRIS has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- CURIS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CURIS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.15 versus -$0.20 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 53.3% in earnings (-$0.23 versus -$0.15).
- You can view the full Curis Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.