- ATOS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.2 million.
- ATOS has traded 265,884 shares today.
- ATOS is trading at 2.79 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ATOS is trading at a new high 8.23% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ATOS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ATOS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ATOS: Atossa Genetics Inc. operates as a healthcare company that focuses on the development of a suite of laboratory services, medical devices, and therapeutics for breast cancer in the United States. The company markets NAF cytology tests and pharmacogenomics tests. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Atossa Genetics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Atossa Genetics has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Atossa has a market cap of $48.1 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.58 and a short float of 3.5% with 0.21 days to cover. Shares are up 42% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Atossa Genetics as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ATOS has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 13.11% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to -$2.98 million or 8.72% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow ATOSSA GENETICS INC is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -21.69%.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, ATOSSA GENETICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry average. The net income increased by 7.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$3.50 million to -$3.25 million.
- ATOS, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 0.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 96.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Atossa Genetics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.