ALMERE, Netherlands, March 4, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ASM International N.V. (NASDAQ: ASMI and Euronext Amsterdam: ASM) reports today its fourth quarter 2014 operating results (unaudited) in accordance with US GAAP. FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS
|EUR million||Q4 2013||Q3 2014||Q4 2014||Pro-forma 1) 2013||2014|
|Gross profit margin %||39.3||%||43.2||%||43.0||%||39.0||%||43.1||%|
|Result from investments (excl. amortization and fair value purchase price allocation)||1.5||30.7||8.9||20.9||61.1|
|Remeasurement gain, realized gain on sale of ASMPT shares, amortization and fair value adjustments1)||(343.2||)||(5.7||)||(6.0||)||1,006.4||(22.5||)|
|Normalized net earnings (excl. remeasurement gain realized gain on sale of ASMPT shares, amortization and fair value adjustments)||9.3||60.2||26.9||45.5||159.8|
- Net sales for the fourth quarter 2014 increased with 2% compared to the third quarter. Year-on-year net sales decreased with 2%.
- New orders at €154 million were slightly above our guidance of a €130-150 million range.
- Normalized net earnings for the fourth quarter 2014 decreased compared to the third quarter, mainly due to a lower result from investments which includes a provision for a tax settlement of ASMPT in Hong Kong for the period 2001-2010 with an impact of €9 million, and less positive currency effects on cash we hold in foreign currencies (especially US$). Compared to the same quarter last year, besides the effect of higher results from investments and currencies, the improvement was mainly due to higher sales in combination with effects of changes in our manufacturing operations and supply chain.
- United States: +1 646 254 3361
- International: + 44 (0)20 3427 1917
- The Netherlands: + 31 (0)20 716 8257
- Access Code: 7221867