- CHINA XINIYA FASHION LTD-ADR has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, CHINA XINIYA FASHION LTD-ADR reported lower earnings of $1.12 versus $1.92 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 3467.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1.00 million to -$33.51 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry and the overall market, CHINA XINIYA FASHION LTD-ADR's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CHINA XINIYA FASHION LTD-ADR is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.61%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -98.16% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 58.69%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 3050.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer. The Consumer Non-Durables industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4% versus the S&P 500, which was down 0.5%. Laggards within the Consumer Non-Durables industry included China Shengda Packaging Group ( CPGI), down 3.9%, CCA Industries ( CAW), down 1.5%, DS Healthcare Group ( DSKX), down 3.1%, China Xiniya Fashion ( XNY), down 2.4% and EveryWare Global ( EVRY), down 2.1%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: China Xiniya Fashion ( XNY) is one of the companies that pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry lower today. China Xiniya Fashion was down $0.05 (2.4%) to $2.00 on light volume. Throughout the day, 6,432 shares of China Xiniya Fashion exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 35,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $1.95-$2.05 after having opened the day at $2.02 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $2.05. China Xiniya Fashion Limited designs, manufactures, and sells men's business casual and business formal apparel and accessories to retail customers in the People's Republic of China. China Xiniya Fashion has a market cap of $28.5 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. Shares are down 7.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates China Xiniya Fashion as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on XNY go as follows: