- RCAP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.4 million.
- RCAP has traded 67,450 shares today.
- RCAP is trading at 3.05 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- RCAP is trading at a new high 4.13% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RCAP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RCAP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RCAP: RCS Capital Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the wholesale broker-dealer, and investment banking and capital markets business activities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates RCS Capital a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for RCS Capital has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. RCS has a market cap of $762.3 million and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. Shares are down 7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates RCS Capital as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 10147.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1.51 million to -$151.22 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, RCS CAPITAL CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 53.44%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 2100.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- RCS CAPITAL CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RCS CAPITAL CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$5.09 versus $0.09 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.50 versus -$5.09).
- RCAP's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 12.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 69.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- You can view the full RCS Capital Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.