A revolution in fandom begins! Today marks the preview release of CONtv, the multi-platform digital streaming network available on iOS, Android and the web. CONtv gives Comic Con fans the immediate power to view thousands of hours of premium, fan-centric programming from their connected, mobile and preferred viewing devices. Both free and VIP accounts are available at CONtv.com, with CONtv VIP subscription packages providing the ultimate ad-free fan experience, access to exclusive content, first look and perks at Wizard World Comic Cons, including reserved seating and discounts. Download the CONtv app at the app store on iTunes, the Google Play store, and coming soon to Samsung and other platforms. In addition to a huge offering of over 2,500 fan-centric, curated films and TV episodes, CONtv offers all-access to pop culture conventions nationwide anytime, anywhere, showcasing exclusive events, panels and talent from Comic Cons, including:
- Ongoing event coverage with exclusive series "Live @ the Con," and "All Access Pass," allowing fans to get up close to the action with celebrity panels featuring industry icons like William Shatner ("Star Trek"), Michael Rooker ("The Walking Dead"), and Bruce Campbell (The Evil Dead), one-on-one spotlights with pop culture heroes like Lou Ferrigno ("The Incredible Hulk") and Manu Bennett ("Arrow"), artist and creator workshops with top-notch professionals like Joel Adams ("King of the Hill") and Tom Hodges ("Star Wars: The Clone Wars"), and expert Q&As with fan favorite talent like Sara Underwood ("Attack of the Show!").
- After-hour fan events like the "Drink & Draw" where professional and amateur creators go head-to-head in drawing and writing competitions and "Cosplay LIVE," where local and National Cosplayers compete for the best cosplay of the con. Planning a trip to the next con? "CON City," dives into local culture with nightlife, geek culture, and unique offerings that makes each Comic Con distinct.
A dynamic, interactive initiative bred from within the Comic Con fanspace, CONtv will debut new titles and programming on a weekly basis. The programming will evolve to meet viewer demands and the service will continue to grow as viewership data sheds light on fan preferences.In the coming weeks, CONtv will debut the following original programming:
- On March 9th, fans will find full vindication for their hours of binge viewing with host and horror icon Bruce Campbell's new pop-culture trivia game show "Last Fan Standing." New episodes will release Mondays throughout the spring.
- On March 22nd, all 11 episodes of "Fight of the Living Dead," the highly anticipated, genre-bending horror/reality series that follows top YouTube celebrities as they struggle to "survive" in a simulated zombie apocalypse, will release exclusively on CONtv.
- The explosive action continues into April with "My Morphing Life," the pulse-pounding series that centers on the insane real-life adventures of original Green Power Ranger, Jason David Frank.
About CinedigmCinedigm is a leading independent content distributor in the United States, with direct relationships with thousands of physical retail storefronts and digital platforms, including Wal-Mart, Target, iTunes, Netflix, and Amazon, as well as the national Video on Demand platform on cable television. The company's library of films and TV episodes encompasses award-winning documentaries from Docurama Films®, next-gen Indies from Flatiron Film Company®, acclaimed independent films and festival picks through partnerships with the Sundance Institute and Tribeca Films and a wide range of content from brand name suppliers, including National Geographic, Discovery, Scholastic, NFL, Shout Factory, Hallmark, Jim Henson and more. Additionally, given Cinedigm's infrastructure, technology, content and distribution expertise, the company has rapidly become a leader in the quickly evolving over-the-top digital network business. Cinedigm's first channel, DOCURAMA, launched in May 2014, and is currently available on iOS, Roku Players and Roku TVs, Xbox and Samsung, with additional platforms currently being rolled out. Cinedigm launched CONtv, a Comic Con branded channel in partnership with Wizard World, on March 3, 2015. The Company's third OTT channel, DOVE MOVIE CHANNEL, will be a digital streaming subscription service targeted to families and kids seeking high quality and family friendly content approved by Dove Foundation. Adding to Cinedigm's diversified portfolio of digital networks, the Company announced in early 2015 an OTT partnership with TV4 Entertainment and the planned launch of the BRIGHT EDUTAINMENT OTT channel. Cinedigm™ and Cinedigm Digital Cinema Corp™ are trademarks of Cinedigm Corp. www.cinedigm.com. [CIDM-G] About Wizard World Wizard World (OTCBB: WIZD) produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, television, cosplay, comics, graphic novels, toys, video gaming, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more. A first-class lineup of topical programming takes place at each event, with celebrity Q&As, the Wizard World Film Festival, comics-themed sessions, costume contests, movie screenings, evening parties and more.
The 2015 Wizard World Comic Con schedule is available at: wizd.me/PRSchedule2015.