- HNT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.1 million.
- HNT is making at least a new 3-day high.
- HNT has a PE ratio of 31.8.
- HNT is mentioned 1.68 times per day on StockTwits.
- HNT has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- HNT is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- HNT is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- HNT is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- HNT is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HNT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HNT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HNT: Health Net, Inc. provides managed health care services through health plans and government-sponsored managed care plans in the United States. It operates through Western Region Operations and Government Contracts segments. HNT has a PE ratio of 31.8. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Health Net a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Health Net has been 630,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Health Net has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.28 and a short float of 2.9% with 4.42 days to cover. Shares are up 7.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Health Net as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 18.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 37.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- HNT's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.29 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.42, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, HNT's share price has jumped by 70.61%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HNT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- HEALTH NET INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HEALTH NET INC reported lower earnings of $1.80 versus $2.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.20 versus $1.80).
- You can view the full Health Net Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.