- MTZ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.3 million.
- MTZ has traded 52,695 shares today.
- MTZ is down 5.3% today.
- MTZ was up 7.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MTZ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MTZ NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MTZ: MasTec, Inc., an infrastructure construction company, provides engineering, building, installation, maintenance, and upgrade services for energy, utility, and communications infrastructure primarily in the United States. MTZ has a PE ratio of 12.9. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate MasTec a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for MasTec has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. MasTec has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 0.81 and a short float of 6.9% with 5.19 days to cover. Shares are down 2.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates MasTec as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its revenue growth. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MTZ's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- MASTEC INC's earnings per share declined by 10.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MASTEC INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.74 versus $1.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.83 versus $1.74).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Construction & Engineering industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 1.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $46.14 million to $45.27 million.
- Looking at the price performance of MTZ's shares over the past 12 months, there is not much good news to report: the stock is down 46.29%, and it has underformed the S&P 500 Index. In addition, the company's earnings per share are lower today than the year-earlier quarter. Despite the heavy decline in its share price, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Construction & Engineering industry and the overall market, MASTEC INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full MasTec Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.