The smart home is more accessible than ever with the launch of Reliant's new suite of home security packages and automation tools. These solutions help customers connect anywhere, anytime, to what is often their largest investment - their home. Retail electricity customers can now sign up for a customizable security package from Reliant, or enroll in a new electricity plan that offers a home automation package. These new advances provide a broad customer-focused platform for integrating emerging and future home technology innovations. "We are passionate about powering people at home and on the go and with these new security and home automation solutions, we can make life easier and more comfortable for consumers," said Elizabeth Killinger, president of NRG Retail and Reliant. "Customers can conveniently and remotely control devices in their home through a new app - all from the comfort of their couch or from thousands of miles away." The security solution offers 24/7 professional, live security monitoring services, expert installation and remote access via mobile devices and computers. Customers on the go can use the app to:
- Arm/disarm their security system;
- Open/close their garage door and know when it's open or closed;
- Turn on/off their lights even when away from home;
- Unlock/lock their doors remotely to let family, friends, contractors or others into their home; and
- Keep an eye on their home with video cameras that record based on specific actions, such as when the alarm is triggered.
- Connect to devices via the gateway;
- Set schedules for appliances and lights using their smart plug; and
- Lower cooling and heating bills by setting a smart schedule for their thermostat, which can reduce costs up to 10% annually according to a Department of Energy study.