- LO has 13x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 2.32 mentions/day.
- LO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $151.3 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LO: Lorillard, Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells cigarettes in the United States. The company operates through two segments, Cigarettes and Electronic Cigarettes. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.7%. LO has a PE ratio of 21.0. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Lorillard a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Lorillard has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Lorillard has a market cap of $23.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and tobacco industry. The stock has a beta of 0.64 and a short float of 1.5% with 2.13 days to cover. Shares are up 6.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Lorillard as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LO's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- LORILLARD INC has improved earnings per share by 15.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LORILLARD INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.14 versus $2.81 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.37 versus $3.14).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Tobacco industry average. The net income increased by 12.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $258.00 million to $289.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $635.00 million or 14.82% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, LORILLARD INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -54.94%.
- The gross profit margin for LORILLARD INC is rather high; currently it is at 55.09%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 21.81% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Lorillard Ratings Report.