- FLWS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.0 million.
- FLWS has traded 60,520 shares today.
- FLWS is trading at 3.76 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- FLWS is trading at a new high 4.20% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FLWS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FLWS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FLWS: 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. operates a florist and gift shop in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Consumer Floral, Gourmet Food and Gift Baskets, and BloomNet Wire Service. FLWS has a PE ratio of 15.0. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate 1-800 Flowers.com a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for 1-800 Flowers.com has been 255,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. 1-800 Flowers.com has a market cap of $268.7 million and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.18 and a short float of 4.2% with 0.95 days to cover. Shares are up 21.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates 1-800 Flowers.com as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FLWS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 2.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 53.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income increased by 154.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $18.03 million to $45.80 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 151.85% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 76.19% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, FLWS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- 1-800-FLOWERS.COM reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. We anticipate these figures will begin to experience more growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM's EPS of $0.23 remained unchanged from the prior years' EPS of $0.23. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.47 versus $0.23).
- You can view the full 1-800 Flowers.com Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.