- PLKI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.1 million.
- PLKI has traded 14,536 shares today.
- PLKI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PLKI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PLKI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PLKI: Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, Inc. develops, operates, and franchises quick-service restaurants. The company operates in two business segments, Franchise Operations and Company-Operated Restaurants. PLKI has a PE ratio of 38.0. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen has been 209,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of -0.28 and a short float of 4.7% with 7.28 days to cover. Shares are up 2.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 51.58% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, PLKI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- POPEYES LOUISIANA KITCHEN has improved earnings per share by 13.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, POPEYES LOUISIANA KITCHEN increased its bottom line by earning $1.41 versus $1.25 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.65 versus $1.41).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 8.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $9.00 million to $9.80 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $16.30 million or 18.97% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, POPEYES LOUISIANA KITCHEN has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -37.58%.
- You can view the full Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.