- SIAL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $81.2 million.
- SIAL is making at least a new 3-day high.
- SIAL has a PE ratio of 33.3.
- SIAL is mentioned 0.74 times per day on StockTwits.
- SIAL has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- SIAL is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- SIAL is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- SIAL is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- SIAL is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SIAL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SIAL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SIAL: Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, a life science and high technology company, develops, manufactures, purchases, and distributes various chemicals, biochemicals, and equipment worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. SIAL has a PE ratio of 33.3. Currently there are no analysts that rate Sigma-Aldrich a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Sigma-Aldrich has been 615,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sigma-Aldrich has a market cap of $16.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 0.34 and a short float of 0.6% with 0.98 days to cover. Shares are up 0.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sigma-Aldrich as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- SIAL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.10 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.73, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SIAL's share price has jumped by 51.31%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- SIGMA-ALDRICH CORP's earnings per share declined by 8.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SIGMA-ALDRICH CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.05 versus $3.78 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.31 versus $4.05).
- The gross profit margin for SIGMA-ALDRICH CORP is rather high; currently it is at 55.22%. Regardless of SIAL's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SIAL's net profit margin of 15.65% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full Sigma-Aldrich Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.