- HCP has 20x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 3.29 mentions/day.
- HCP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $157.4 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HCP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HCP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HCP: HCP, Inc. is an independent hybrid real estate investment trust. The fund invests in real estate markets of the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.2%. HCP has a PE ratio of 21.6. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate HCP a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for HCP has been 3.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. HCP has a market cap of $20.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.12 and a short float of 2.8% with 3.02 days to cover. Shares are down 0.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates HCP as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HCP's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- HCP INC has improved earnings per share by 10.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HCP INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.97 versus $1.80 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.05 versus $1.97).
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $275.32 million or 1.19% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HCP INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -55.11%.
- The gross profit margin for HCP INC is rather high; currently it is at 53.97%. Regardless of HCP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, HCP's net profit margin of 40.81% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full HCP Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.