Planar Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: PLNR), a global leader in display and digital signage technology, today announced a new iOS app that can manage multiple sources on Planar® UltraRes™ Series 4K LCD displays using an iPhone® or iPad®.
All Planar UltraRes Series models come with built-in UltraRes MediaPlex functionality, an innovative feature that enables efficient management of multiple video or data sources. Up to eight sources can be directly connected to a Planar UltraRes Series display. With UltraRes MediaPlex, any of the eight sources can be instantly scaled up to fill the entire 4K display or scaled down into Full HD quadrants to view four sources simultaneously.With the Planar UltraRes App, UltraRes MediaPlex has never been easier. With its intuitive interface, the app allows users to take full advantage of UltraRes MediaPlex functionality, using a device they commonly carry in their pocket and into their meetings.
- Make one-touch source selections. The desired selection immediately shows on the display.
- Select from up to eight directly connected content sources and alternate sources with the touch of a button
- Switch between single view, to view one source on the entire display, and quad view, to view four sources in Full HD quadrants
- Power on and off the display
- Corporate conference rooms: Display content from one PC or switch seamlessly to quad view and display content from four different sources to enhance collaboration and sharing.
- Emergency control centers: View feeds from four remote cameras simultaneously or zero in on one with a single click.
- Classrooms: Switch between up to eight different sources with a tap of your smartphone or tablet.
Planar®, UltraRes™, and MediaPlex™ are trademarks of Planar Systems. All other marks property of their respective owners.About Planar Planar Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: PLNR) is a global leader in display and digital signage technology, providing premier solutions for the world's most demanding environments. Retailers, educational institutions, government agencies, businesses, utilities and energy firms, and home theater enthusiasts all depend on Planar to provide superior performance when image experience is of the highest importance. Planar video walls, large format LCD displays, interactive touch screen monitors and many other solutions are used by the world's leading organizations in applications ranging from digital signage to simulation and from interactive kiosks to large-scale data visualization. Founded in 1983, Planar is headquartered in Oregon, USA, with offices, manufacturing partners and customers worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.planar.com.