The chief executive officers of Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ALNY), Apogee Enterprises (NASDAQ: APOG), Proofpoint, Inc. (NASDAQ: PFPT) and CareKinesis (privately held) have been named as the recipients of the fifteenth annual "E-3 Awards," presented by Emerald Asset Management at the 22 nd Annual Emerald Groundhog Day Investment Forum, held in Philadelphia on February 5, 2015. Joseph Besecker, President of Emerald Asset Management said, "We created this unique award to recognize leaders who epitomize the qualities that are inherent in the most successful business leaders - qualities that reflect an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to excellence," adding, "The award's name - E-3 - reflects these criteria: the Emerald Entrepreneurial and Excellence Award." Joseph Garner, Director of Research for Emerald, said, "These leaders have taken risks and fueled innovation. They have created jobs and built companies. They have bested their competitors and rewarded their employees and shareholders. They are leaders in every sense of the word." Through an intensive multi-faceted process, Emerald's team of research analysts and portfolio managers identified corporate leaders who have demonstrated:
- A creative "outside the box" approach to corporate achievement;
- An entrepreneurial approach that maximizes human initiative;
- A corporate culture that promotes personal and corporate excellence;
- A demonstrated record of accomplishment: creating jobs, stimulating growth, and enhancing shareholder value; and
- An ability to effectively identify and adapt cutting-edge technologies and processes.
- Dr. John Maraganore, Chief Executive Officer, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: ALNY)
- Gary L. Steele, Chief Executive Officer, Proofpoint, Inc. (NASDAQ: PFPT)
- Joseph F. Puishys, President & Chief Executive Officer, Apogee Enterprises, Inc. (NASDAQ: APOG)
- Dr. Calvin H. Knowlton CEO, Chairman and Founder, CareKinesis, Inc.
Founded in 1991, Emerald Asset Management, Inc. is a diversified investment management company that operates through its subsidiaries Emerald Advisers, Inc., Emerald Mutual Fund Advisers Trust, Emerald Separate Account Management, LLC, Emerald Fixed Income Advisers, LLC and Emerald Direct Lending Advisers, LLC. Assets managed by these companies totaled over $3.2 billion as of December 31, 2014. "Driven by Research," Emerald employs an intense fundamental, research-focused investment philosophy and focuses primarily on growth-oriented equity investing and high-quality disciplined fixed-income investing.Emerald Asset Management, Inc.Emerald Advisers, Inc.Emerald Fixed Income Advisers LLCEmerald Mutual Fund Advisers TrustEmerald Separate Account Management LLCEmerald Direct Lending Advisers LLC3175 Oregon PikeLeola, PA 17540717.556.8900800.722.4123King of Prussia, PAPittsburgh, PAOceanside, CA www.TeamEmerald.com