The dividend is payable April 27 to shareholders of record on February 23.
Earlier this week the company's Intelligent Platform division secured a $100 million order from General Dynamics UK (GD) to supply embedded computing subsystems for the British army's SCOUT Specialist Vehicle platforms.
Exclusive Report: Jim Cramer's Best Stocks for 2015
TheStreet Ratings team rates GENERAL ELECTRIC CO as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate GENERAL ELECTRIC CO (GE) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- GENERAL ELECTRIC CO has improved earnings per share by 6.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GENERAL ELECTRIC CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.50 versus $1.47 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.73 versus $1.50).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Industrial Conglomerates industry. The net income increased by 60.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3,206.00 million to $5,152.00 million.
- 43.71% is the gross profit margin for GENERAL ELECTRIC CO which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.26% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GE Ratings Report