- MCRL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $5.6 million.
- MCRL is making at least a new 3-day high.
- MCRL has a PE ratio of 45.4.
- MCRL is mentioned 1.32 times per day on StockTwits.
- MCRL has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- MCRL is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- MCRL is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- MCRL is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- MCRL is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MCRL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MCRL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MCRL: Micrel, Incorporated, together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, manufactures, and markets analog, mixed-signal, and digital semiconductor devices. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. MCRL has a PE ratio of 45.4. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Micrel a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Micrel has been 283,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Micrel has a market cap of $797.7 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.20 and a short float of 4% with 3.95 days to cover. Shares are down 2.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Micrel as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MCRL has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, MCRL has a quick ratio of 2.20, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, MCRL's share price has jumped by 44.97%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- MCRL, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.5%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has decreased by 9.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $3.36 million to $3.05 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, MICREL INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Micrel Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.