- BLL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $58.4 million.
- BLL has traded 3,461 shares today.
- BLL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BLL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BLL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BLL: Ball Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, supplies metal packaging products to the beverage, food, personal care, and household products industries worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. BLL has a PE ratio of 17.8. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Ball a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ball has been 873,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ball has a market cap of $8.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.96 and a short float of 3.4% with 5.66 days to cover. Shares are down 4.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ball as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 33.33% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 30.16% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- BALL CORP has improved earnings per share by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BALL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.73 versus $2.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.90 versus $2.73).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Containers & Packaging industry average. The net income increased by 27.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $115.20 million to $147.40 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Containers & Packaging industry and the overall market, BALL CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- BLL, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 6.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.7%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Ball Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.