Health Net, Inc. provided a $10,000 charitable grant to Community Asset and Resource Enterprise (CARE) Partnership in Mesa, Ariz., to help purchase and install needed equipment that will allow it to begin providing dental services to local families. "Dental care is a critical component of health care that can have medical consequences if not addressed," said Patricia Clarey, State Health Programs officer for Health Net. "This grant is intended to help CARE Partnership complete its dental clinic and provide dental care to families in the East Valley." "We are thankful to Health Net for this donation," said Bev Tittle-Baker, president and CEO of CARE Partnership. "We have been working on the dental clinic since 2005 and are thrilled to be able to provide dental care as part of our medical services to the community." Health Net Access Program Serves Arizona Medicaid Beneficiaries CARE Partnership has been a community resource center for over two decades and provides medical services, after-school programs, holiday resources, life enrichment and civic engagement activities to residents in the East Valley, many of whom are eligible for the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona's Medicaid system. The Health Net Access program provides AHCCCS members with affordable access to quality medical and dental care. Dental Health Tips To combat oral health problems, Health Net offers these tips:
- Brush your teeth at least two times daily: after breakfast and before bedtime. Another good time is after eating snacks.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. Brush the top and side surfaces of your teeth. Make sure to also brush at the gumline to get rid of plaque.
- Get a new toothbrush every three months. An old toothbrush will not clean your teeth thoroughly.
- Floss at least once per day to help remove plaque from between the teeth and gumline.
- See your dentist at least twice a year to get your teeth checked and cleaned.
- Go to your dentist right away if you have any pain or notice a bad flavor in your mouth when you're not eating.
- Cut down on foods and drinks high in acid, such as soda. High acid can erode the outer surface of your teeth.
- Don't smoke. It stains your teeth, causes bad breath and increases your risk of getting tooth disease and oral cancer.
About Health NetHealth Net, Inc. (NYSE: HNT) is a publicly traded managed care organization that delivers managed health care services through health plans and government-sponsored managed care plans. Its mission is to help people be healthy, secure and comfortable. Health Net provides and administers health benefits to approximately 5.9 million individuals across the country through group, individual, Medicare (including the Medicare prescription drug benefit commonly referred to as "Part D"), Medicaid, U.S. Department of Defense, including TRICARE, and Veterans Affairs programs. Health Net also offers behavioral health, substance abuse and employee assistance programs, managed health care products related to prescription drugs, managed health care product coordination for multi-region employers, and administrative services for medical groups and self-funded benefits programs. For more information on Health Net, Inc., please visit Health Net's website at www.healthnet.com. Follow Health Net Like Health Net on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/healthNetInc Follow Health Net on Twitter: https://twitter.com/healthnet Visit Health Net on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/HealthNetInc Connect with Health Net on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/health-net This release contains references and links to other websites that may contain content that is not owned or controlled by Health Net. Please be aware that references and links to other websites are provided for the user's convenience and that Health Net is not responsible for any such content that is not owned or controlled by Health Net. Health Net does not express an opinion on any such content and disclaims any liability in connection therewith.