- NES has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $6.4 million.
- NES has traded 1.6 million shares today.
- NES is trading at 34.08 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- NES is trading at a new high 38.46% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NES with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NES NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NES: Nuverra Environmental Solutions, Inc. provides full-cycle environmental solutions to customers focused on the development and ongoing production of oil and natural gas from shale formations in the United States. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Nuverra Environmental Solutions a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Nuverra Environmental Solutions has been 686,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Nuverra has a market cap of $81.9 million and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. Shares are down 43.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Nuverra Environmental Solutions as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.18 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, NES maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.91, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, NUVERRA ENVIRONMENTAL SOLUTN's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $18.70 million or 53.13% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for NUVERRA ENVIRONMENTAL SOLUTN is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.51%. Regardless of NES's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NES's net profit margin of -103.82% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- NES's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 85.90%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- You can view the full Nuverra Environmental Solutions Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.