CHARLESTON, S.C., Feb. 3, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Leveraging findings from The Blackbaud Index, Blackbaud, Inc. (Nasdaq:BLKB) today released its Charitable Giving Report, providing the nonprofit sector with the latest data on overall and online charitable giving in 2014, as well insight from industry experts and case studies. The Report includes overall giving data from nearly 5,000 nonprofit organizations representing $16.2 billion in total fundraising and online giving data from nearly 4,000 nonprofits representing $2 billion in online fundraising from 2014.
- Download the report: www.blackbaud.com/charitablegiving
- Overall giving grew approximately 2.1% in 2014
- Online giving grew 8.9% in 2014 compared to 2013
- Online donations were 6.7% of all fundraising in 2014
- Small organizations had the greatest increase in overall fundraising in 2014
- Higher Education institutions had the greatest increase in online giving during 2014
CONTACT: Media Contact Nicole McGougan Public Relations 843.654.3307 firstname.lastname@example.org