- AGCO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.4 million.
- AGCO has traded 1.5 million shares today.
- AGCO traded in a range 311.5% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.94.
- AGCO traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 145 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 145 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AGCO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AGCO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AGCO: AGCO Corporation manufactures and distributes agricultural equipment and related replacement parts worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. AGCO has a PE ratio of 8.8. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates AGCO a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for AGCO has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. AGCO has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.71 and a short float of 16.5% with 12.02 days to cover. Shares are down 1.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AGCO as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.38, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that AGCO's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.59, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- AGCO, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 1.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 13.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for AGCO CORP is rather low; currently it is at 22.42%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 3.01% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $38.90 million or 62.59% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full AGCO Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.