Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation (Nasdaq: VTSS), a leading provider of IC solutions to advance "Ethernet Everywhere" in Carrier, Enterprise and Internet of Things (IoT) networks, unveiled the newest additions to its 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GE) PHY portfolio, the VSC8256 , VSC8257 and VSC8258 quad channel 10/40G physical layer transceiver family enabling government-grade, FIPS-197-certified 256-bit MACsec encryption to protect critical Enterprise, Cloud and mobile network infrastructures. Accelerating Performance, Security in the Enterprise Cloud service providers and data centers need to enable secure Ethernet service delivery between Enterprises and the Internet Cloud. This drives the need for higher performance, higher-capacity WAN Edge and data center connectivity. Additionally, server adapters, or Network Interface Cards (NICs), are evolving into intelligent application accelerators or application offload engines to maximize server CPU utilization in compute-hungry applications such as high frequency trading, Web 2.0, and data analytics in embedded industrial environments. Addressing these needs, Vitesse's VSC8256 , VSC8257 and VSC8258 enable secured connections with improved quality and efficiencies, delivering:
The VSC825x family is the industry's only to deliver 40G connectivity with "secure 1588," made possible by Vitesse's FIPS-certified Intellisec IEEE 802.1AE MACsec security encryption technology and Vitesse's VeriTime IEEE 1588 timing and synchronization. The IEEE 1588 timing accuracy required in TD-LTE and LTE-Advanced mobile networks is impossible in conjunction with traditional MACsec implementations. Together, Intellisec and VeriTime deliver line-rate 256-bit encryption with the industry's de facto highest accuracy IEEE 1588 timing. Intellisec's "tag-in-the-clear" capability also provides the network transparency needed to enable use of third party networks for delivery of critical services to mobile, Enterprise and Industrial-IoT networks."Addressing the 'Snowden effect' and growing security concerns in our increasingly connected world is critical in next-generation networking equipment," said Uday Mudoi, vice president of product marketing at Vitesse. "Vitesse's game-changing technologies readily enable the rigorous security needed to safeguard Enterprise, Cloud and mobile network infrastructures." High Density, Feature-Rich 10GE PHY Portfolio The VSC825x family delivers various unique advantages including:
- Seamless pin-for-pin hardware upgrade from an intelligent KR repeater function to a highly integrated Ethernet PHY with security and accurate IEEE 1588 network timing distribution capabilities;
- Standard 10G serial interfaces, simplifying hardware design and offering direct connections to most recent SOCs and FPGAs, and
- Ability to maximize network provisioning flexibility for feature-rich tiered service delivery.
- VSC8256: Serial-quad channel 1G/10G Ethernet retimer and repeater
- VSC8257: Serial quad channel 1G/10G Ethernet PHY with VeriTime IEEE 1588 timing and synchronization
- VSC8258: Serial quad channel 1G/10G Ethernet PHY with VeriTime IEEE 1588 timing and synchronization and Intellisec IEEE 802.1AE MACsec