- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 85.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$2.93 million to -$5.43 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, ENVIVIO INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$3.89 million or 62.68% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 61.16%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 81.81% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- ENVIVIO INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ENVIVIO INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.46 versus -$0.63 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 15.2% in earnings (-$0.53 versus -$0.46).
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Telecommunications industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4% versus the S&P 500, which was up 0.3%. Laggards within the Telecommunications industry included Sajan ( SAJA), down 1.5%, B Communications ( BCOM), down 2.1%, Envivio ( ENVI), down 2.7%, Elephant Talk Communications ( ETAK), down 3.0% and Frequency Electronics ( FEIM), down 2.8%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: Envivio ( ENVI) is one of the companies that pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today. Envivio was down $0.04 (2.7%) to $1.45 on light volume. Throughout the day, 37,882 shares of Envivio exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 89,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $1.44-$1.48 after having opened the day at $1.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1.49. Envivio, Inc. provides software-based IP video processing and distribution solutions that enable the delivery of high-quality video to consumers worldwide. Envivio has a market cap of $41.0 million and is part of the technology sector. Shares are up 10.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are no analysts who rate Envivio a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Envivio as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on ENVI go as follows: