- VAC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.7 million.
- VAC is making at least a new 3-day high.
- VAC has a PE ratio of 32.0.
- VAC is mentioned 0.61 times per day on StockTwits.
- VAC has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- VAC is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- VAC is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- VAC is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- VAC is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VAC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VAC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VAC: Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation develops, markets, sells, and manages vacation ownership and related products under the Marriott Vacation Club and Grand Residences by Marriott brands. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. VAC has a PE ratio of 32.0. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Marriott Vacations Worldwide a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Marriott Vacations Worldwide has been 189,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Marriott Vacations Worldwide has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.44 and a short float of 2.9% with 3.11 days to cover. Shares are up 4.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Marriott Vacations Worldwide as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VAC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.46, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 52.96% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, VAC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- MARRIOTT VACATIONS WORLDWIDE has improved earnings per share by 11.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MARRIOTT VACATIONS WORLDWIDE increased its bottom line by earning $2.17 versus $0.14 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.83 versus $2.17).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $108.00 million or 21.34% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MARRIOTT VACATIONS WORLDWIDE has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 11.84%.
- You can view the full Marriott Vacations Worldwide Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.