- ALNY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.3 million.
- ALNY traded 75,937 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:16 AM, representing 11.5% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALNY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALNY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ALNY: Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, is engaged in discovering, developing, and commercializing novel therapeutics based on RNA interference (RNAi). Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Alnylam Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Alnylam Pharmaceuticals has been 598,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Alnylam has a market cap of $7.8 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.17 and a short float of 8.3% with 5.99 days to cover. Shares are up 3.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Alnylam Pharmaceuticals as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 48.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$29.69 million to -$43.99 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$40.71 million or 87.45% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS INC's earnings per share declined by 20.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS INC continued to lose money by earning -$1.43 versus -$2.08 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 267.1% in earnings (-$5.25 versus -$1.43).
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is higher, and it has outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- You can view the full Alnylam Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.