- AFFX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.8 million.
- AFFX is making at least a new 3-day high.
- AFFX has a PE ratio of 1088.0.
- AFFX is mentioned 1.45 times per day on StockTwits.
- AFFX has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- AFFX is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- AFFX is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- AFFX is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- AFFX is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AFFX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AFFX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AFFX: Affymetrix, Inc. provides life science tools and molecular diagnostic products that enable parallel analysis of biological systems at the gene, protein, and cell level primarily in the United States, Europe, Latin America, and Asia. AFFX has a PE ratio of 1088.0. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Affymetrix a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Affymetrix has been 778,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Affymetrix has a market cap of $800.6 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of -0.46 and a short float of 17.8% with 8.76 days to cover. Shares are up 10.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Affymetrix as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Life Sciences Tools & Services industry. The net income increased by 157.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$4.16 million to $2.38 million.
- AFFX's revenue growth trails the industry average of 25.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for AFFYMETRIX INC is rather high; currently it is at 67.46%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 2.73% trails the industry average.
- AFFYMETRIX INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AFFYMETRIX INC reported poor results of -$0.27 versus -$0.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.25 versus -$0.27).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Life Sciences Tools & Services industry and the overall market, AFFYMETRIX INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Affymetrix Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.