- ABB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $36.8 million.
- ABB traded 270,108 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:48 AM, representing 15.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ABB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ABB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ABB: ABB Ltd provides power and automation technologies for utility and industrial customers worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.9%. ABB has a PE ratio of 16.1. Currently there are no analysts that rate ABB a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for ABB has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ABB has a market cap of $45.0 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. Shares are down 7.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ABB as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.46, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.10, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 7.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.8%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- ABB LTD's earnings per share declined by 13.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ABB LTD increased its bottom line by earning $1.22 versus $1.17 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 1.6% in earnings ($1.20 versus $1.22).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Electrical Equipment industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 12.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $835.00 million to $734.00 million.
- You can view the full ABB Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.