NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of FireEye (FEYE - Get Report) continue to gain, higher by 1.75% to $33.68 on heavy trading volume Monday afternoon, adding to last week's gains following its new report studying cyber attacks on global organizations, including retailers and entertainment companies.
The report analyzes attacks that targeted more than 1,200 organizations during the company's real-world testing.
Results of the study indicated that 100% of retail companies tested were breached, with 17% of the breaches "consistent with advanced threats."
Exclusive Report: Jim Cramer's Best Stocks for 2015
About 8 million shares of FireEye traded hands today, compared to its daily average volume of about 5.16 million shares.
Milpitas, CA-based FireEye created a purpose-built, virtual machine-based security platform that provides real-time protection to enterprises and governments worldwide against the next generation of cyber attacks.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates FIREEYE INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate FIREEYE INC (FEYE) a SELL. This is driven by multiple weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share and deteriorating net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- FIREEYE INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 362.2% in earnings (-$2.08 versus -$0.45).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 135.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$50.93 million to -$120.03 million.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 41.89%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 93.02% compared to the year-earlier quarter.
- Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, FIREEYE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for FIREEYE INC is currently very high, coming in at 82.47%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -105.09% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FEYE Ratings Report