- THC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.2 million.
- THC has traded 402,956 shares today.
- THC traded in a range 238.3% of the normal price range with a price range of $3.26.
- THC traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 5 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 5 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in THC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for THC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on THC: Tenet Healthcare Corporation, an investor-owned health care services company, primarily operates acute care hospitals and related health care facilities in the United States. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Tenet Healthcare a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tenet Healthcare has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tenet Healthcare has a market cap of $5.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.14 and a short float of 9.3% with 6.77 days to cover. Shares are up 1.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tenet Healthcare as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- THC's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 19.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 73.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $221.00 million or 7.28% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -20.26%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 15.72 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, THC maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.78, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for TENET HEALTHCARE CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 10.98%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 0.21% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Tenet Healthcare Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.