- MWIV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.1 million.
- MWIV has traded 43,479 shares today.
- MWIV is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MWIV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MWIV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MWIV: MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, distributes animal health products to veterinarians in the United States and the United Kingdom. MWIV has a PE ratio of 30.7. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate MWI Veterinary Supply a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for MWI Veterinary Supply has been 100,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. MWI Veterinary Supply has a market cap of $2.2 billion and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. The stock has a beta of 0.38 and a short float of 9.2% with 13.83 days to cover. Shares are up 4.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates MWI Veterinary Supply as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 19.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 31.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MWI VETERINARY SUPPLY has improved earnings per share by 21.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MWI VETERINARY SUPPLY increased its bottom line by earning $5.65 versus $4.95 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.24 versus $5.65).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry average. The net income increased by 22.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $14.22 million to $17.38 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 243.33% to $4.33 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MWI VETERINARY SUPPLY has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -20.26%.
- MWIV's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.16 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.77 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full MWI Veterinary Supply Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.