- NPSP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $71.4 million.
- NPSP traded 602,622 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:44 AM, representing 38.4% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NPSP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NPSP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NPSP: NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the development of therapeutic products in the United States. Its lead product is Gattex for the treatment of adult patients with short bowel syndrome (SBS) who are dependent on parenteral support. NPSP has a PE ratio of 2061.5. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate NPS Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for NPS Pharmaceuticals has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. NPS has a market cap of $4.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.09 and a short float of 10.6% with 5.91 days to cover. Shares are up 20% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates NPS Pharmaceuticals as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's net income has been quite unimpressive. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NPSP's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 41.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 45.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for NPS PHARMACEUTICALS INC is currently very high, coming in at 95.92%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -3.75% is in-line with the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 106.24% to $0.43 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, NPS PHARMACEUTICALS INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 117.49%.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. We feel that the combination of its price rise over the last year and its current price-to-earnings ratio relative to its industry tend to reduce its upside potential.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 97.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$1.09 million to -$2.15 million.
- You can view the full NPS Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.