Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TheStreet Ratings quantitative algorithm evaluates over 4,300 stocks on a daily basis by 32 different data factors and assigns a unique buy, sell, or hold recommendation on each stock. Click here to learn more.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- SI Financial Group (SIFI) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Hold to Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate SI FINANCIAL GROUP INC (SIFI) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 22.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 36.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry. The net income increased by 168.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1.74 million to $1.20 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 349.67% to $1.93 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SI FINANCIAL GROUP INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -21.38%.
- The gross profit margin for SI FINANCIAL GROUP INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.13%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, SIFI's net profit margin of 8.46% significantly trails the industry average.
- SI FINANCIAL GROUP INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SI FINANCIAL GROUP INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.11 versus $0.12 in the prior year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SIFI Ratings Report
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.