- KIM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $92.1 million.
- KIM has traded 1.9 million shares today.
- KIM traded in a range 240.8% of the normal price range with a price range of $0.73.
- KIM traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 13 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 13 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KIM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KIM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KIM: Kimco Realty Corporation is an independent real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets across North America. It is primarily engaged in acquisitions, development, and management of neighborhood and community shopping centers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.7%. KIM has a PE ratio of 34.5. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Kimco Realty a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Kimco Realty has been 3.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Kimco has a market cap of $10.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.21 and a short float of 4.3% with 3.85 days to cover. Shares are up 29.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Kimco Realty as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 162.50% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 28.19% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, KIM should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- KIMCO REALTY CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KIMCO REALTY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.44 versus $0.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.94 versus $0.44).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 249.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $55.76 million to $194.71 million.
- 46.27% is the gross profit margin for KIMCO REALTY CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 60.74% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- KIM, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 13.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.7%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Kimco Realty Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.