- CEMP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.0 million.
- CEMP has traded 182,868 shares today.
- CEMP is trading at 4.45 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- CEMP is trading at a new high 5.05% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CEMP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CEMP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CEMP: Cempra, Inc., a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company, focuses on developing antibiotics to meet critical medical needs in the treatment of bacterial infectious diseases in North America. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Cempra a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Cempra has been 468,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cempra has a market cap of $774.4 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.29 and a short float of 12.4% with 3.68 days to cover. Shares are up 80.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cempra as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, CEMPRA INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- CEMPRA INC has improved earnings per share by 17.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CEMPRA INC reported poor results of -$1.50 versus -$1.11 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 23.0% in earnings (-$1.85 versus -$1.50).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry average. The net income increased by 16.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$13.65 million to -$11.36 million.
- Investors have driven up the company's shares by 53.94% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in CEMP do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.47, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.11, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Cempra Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.