- MPW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.5 million.
- MPW is making at least a new 3-day high.
- MPW has a PE ratio of 47.9.
- MPW is mentioned 0.26 times per day on StockTwits.
- MPW has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- MPW is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- MPW is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- MPW is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- MPW is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MPW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MPW NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on MPW: Medical Properties Trust, Inc. operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT) in the United States. It acquires, develops, and invests in healthcare facilities; and leases healthcare facilities to healthcare operating companies and healthcare providers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 6%. MPW has a PE ratio of 47.9. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Medical Properties a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Medical Properties has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Medical has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.90 and a short float of 6.6% with 7.18 days to cover. Shares are up 14.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Medical Properties as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, increase in stock price during the past year, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 13.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 34.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 11.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $25.65 million to $28.54 million.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for MEDICAL PROPERTIES TRUST is rather high; currently it is at 66.30%. Regardless of MPW's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MPW's net profit margin of 34.83% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full Medical Properties Ratings Report.