- JPM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $898.4 million.
- JPM has traded 16,394 shares today.
- JPM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JPM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JPM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JPM: JPMorgan Chase & Co., a financial holding company, provides various financial services worldwide. The company operates through four segments: Consumer & Community Banking, Corporate & Investment Bank, Commercial Banking, and Asset Management. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. JPM has a PE ratio of 11.6. Currently there are 18 analysts that rate JPMorgan Chase a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for JPMorgan Chase has been 15.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. JPMorgan Chase has a market cap of $233.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.84 and a short float of 1% with 2.76 days to cover. Shares are up 7.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income increased by 1566.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$380.00 million to $5,572.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 5.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, JPMORGAN CHASE & CO has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- JPMORGAN CHASE & CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JPMORGAN CHASE & CO reported lower earnings of $4.32 versus $5.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.45 versus $4.32).
- You can view the full JPMorgan Chase Ratings Report.