- HOLX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.9 million.
- HOLX is making at least a new 3-day high.
- HOLX has a PE ratio of 448.8.
- HOLX is mentioned 0.84 times per day on StockTwits.
- HOLX has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- HOLX is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- HOLX is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- HOLX is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- HOLX is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HOLX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HOLX NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on HOLX: Hologic, Inc. develops, manufactures, and supplies diagnostics products, medical imaging systems, and surgical products for women in the United States and internationally. The company operates in four segments: Diagnostics, Breast Health, GYN Surgical, and Skeletal Health. HOLX has a PE ratio of 448.8. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Hologic a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Hologic has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Hologic has a market cap of $7.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.88 and a short float of 5.7% with 9.76 days to cover. Shares are up 20.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Hologic as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HOLOGIC INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HOLOGIC INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.06 versus -$4.33 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.53 versus $0.06).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 102.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1,113.90 million to $28.10 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 68.85% to $131.70 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HOLOGIC INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 1.28%.
- The gross profit margin for HOLOGIC INC is rather high; currently it is at 65.11%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, HOLX's net profit margin of 4.25% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Hologic Ratings Report.