- DLTR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $113.8 million.
- DLTR has traded 10,869 shares today.
- DLTR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DLTR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DLTR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DLTR: Dollar Tree, Inc. operates discount variety stores in the United States and Canada. Its stores offer merchandise at the fixed price of $1.00. DLTR has a PE ratio of 24.1. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Dollar Tree Stores a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Dollar Tree Stores has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Dollar Tree Stores has a market cap of $14.3 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.76 and a short float of 2.1% with 2.99 days to cover. Shares are up 23.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Dollar Tree Stores as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- DOLLAR TREE INC has improved earnings per share by 10.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DOLLAR TREE INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.75 versus $2.70 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.10 versus $2.75).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Multiline Retail industry average. The net income increased by 6.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $125.40 million to $133.00 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.48, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.47 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- You can view the full Dollar Tree Stores Ratings Report.