Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TheStreet Ratings quantitative algorithm evaluates over 4,300 stocks on a daily basis by 32 different data factors and assigns a unique buy, sell, or hold recommendation on each stock. Click here to learn more.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- China Xiniya Fashion (XNY) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Hold to Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate CHINA XINIYA FASHION LTD-ADR (XNY) a SELL. This is driven by a number of negative factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself."
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- CHINA XINIYA FASHION LTD-ADR has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, CHINA XINIYA FASHION LTD-ADR reported lower earnings of $1.12 versus $1.92 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 3467.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1.00 million to -$33.51 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry and the overall market, CHINA XINIYA FASHION LTD-ADR's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CHINA XINIYA FASHION LTD-ADR is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.61%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -98.16% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 53.88%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 3050.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: XNY Ratings Report
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.