- IMGN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.8 million.
- IMGN has traded 582,862 shares today.
- IMGN is down 3.2% today.
- IMGN was up 5.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IMGN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IMGN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IMGN: ImmunoGen, Inc., a biotechnology company, develops targeted anticancer therapeutics. It develops its products using its antibody-drug conjugates technology. The company offers Kadcyla, an antibody-drug conjugate for the treatment of HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Immunogen a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Immunogen has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Immunogen has a market cap of $507.0 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.84 and a short float of 14.4% with 2.41 days to cover. Shares are down 59.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Immunogen as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 98.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$11.23 million to -$22.28 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, IMMUNOGEN INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 60.17%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 100.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 39.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 23.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- IMMUNOGEN INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, IMMUNOGEN INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.84 versus -$0.87 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.71 versus -$0.84).
- You can view the full Immunogen Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.