- VVC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.1 million.
- VVC has traded 3,499 shares today.
- VVC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VVC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VVC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VVC: Vectren Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides energy delivery services to residential, commercial, and industrial and other contract customers in Indiana and Ohio. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.3%. VVC has a PE ratio of 23.6. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Vectren a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Vectren has been 442,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Vectren has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.79 and a short float of 1.2% with 1.28 days to cover. Shares are up 29.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Vectren as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VVC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Multi-Utilities industry average. The net income increased by 10.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $42.80 million to $47.30 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Multi-Utilities industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, VECTREN CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 29.93% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- VECTREN CORP has improved earnings per share by 9.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, VECTREN CORP reported lower earnings of $1.66 versus $1.93 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.30 versus $1.66).
- You can view the full Vectren Ratings Report.