- SRE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $138.8 million.
- SRE has traded 10,310 shares today.
- SRE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SRE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SRE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SRE: Sempra Energy, an energy-services holding company, develops energy infrastructure, operates utilities, and provides related services. The company's San Diego Gas & Electric Company segment generates, transmits, and distributes electricity; and distributes, transmits, and stores natural gas. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. SRE has a PE ratio of 24.5. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Sempra Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Sempra Energy has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Sempra Energy has a market cap of $27.6 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.39 and a short float of 1.3% with 2.41 days to cover. Shares are up 24.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SEMPRA ENERGY has improved earnings per share by 16.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SEMPRA ENERGY increased its bottom line by earning $4.02 versus $3.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.54 versus $4.02).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Multi-Utilities industry average. The net income increased by 15.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $301.00 million to $348.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 178.66% to $627.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SEMPRA ENERGY has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -4.14%.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 25.29% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Sempra Energy Ratings Report.