- SCG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $56.7 million.
- SCG has traded 5,590 shares today.
- SCG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SCG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SCG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SCG: SCANA Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the generation, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity to retail and wholesale customers in South Carolina. It owns nuclear, coal, hydro, natural gas and oil, and biomass generating facilities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.5%. SCG has a PE ratio of 15.8. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate SCANA a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for SCANA has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SCANA has a market cap of $8.5 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.49 and a short float of 4.8% with 6.03 days to cover. Shares are up 27.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SCANA as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SCG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 25.92% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SCG should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- SCANA CORP has improved earnings per share by 7.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SCANA CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.38 versus $3.14 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.80 versus $3.38).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Multi-Utilities industry average. The net income increased by 9.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $131.00 million to $144.00 million.
- You can view the full SCANA Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.