- DTE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $85.7 million.
- DTE has traded 4,467 shares today.
- DTE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DTE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DTE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DTE: DTE Energy Company, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an energy company. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.2%. DTE has a PE ratio of 21.0. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate DTE Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for DTE Energy has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. DTE Energy has a market cap of $15.3 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.41 and a short float of 1.5% with 1.87 days to cover. Shares are up 30.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates DTE Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, DTE's share price has jumped by 29.22%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DTE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- DTE ENERGY CO's earnings per share declined by 22.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DTE ENERGY CO reported lower earnings of $3.77 versus $3.87 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.41 versus $3.77).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Multi-Utilities industry and the overall market, DTE ENERGY CO's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.08, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Multi-Utilities industry. Despite the fact that DTE's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 0.53 is low and demonstrates weak liquidity.
- You can view the full DTE Energy Ratings Report.