- COTY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.7 million.
- COTY has traded 2,118 shares today.
- COTY is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in COTY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for COTY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on COTY: Coty Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is engaged in the manufacture, marketing, and distribution of women's and men's fragrances, color cosmetics, and skin and body care related products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Coty a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Coty has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Coty has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. Shares are up 32.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Coty as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, COTY's share price has jumped by 32.80%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Although COTY had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 5.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for COTY INC is rather high; currently it is at 62.99%. Regardless of COTY's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 0.89% trails the industry average.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Personal Products industry and the overall market, COTY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $26.20 million or 74.11% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Coty Ratings Report.