- GG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $202.6 million.
- GG traded 12,717 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:03 AM.
- GG is up 3.6% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GG: Goldcorp Inc. is engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development, and operation of precious metal properties in Canada, the United States, Mexico, and Central and South America. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.5%. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Goldcorp a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Goldcorp has been 9.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Goldcorp has a market cap of $14.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 20.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Goldcorp as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 980.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $5.00 million to -$44.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $192.00 million or 29.92% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 29.92%, GOLDCORP INC is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -30.49%.
- GOLDCORP INC's earnings have gone downhill when comparing its most recently reported quarter with the same quarter a year earlier. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GOLDCORP INC swung to a loss, reporting -$3.30 versus $1.78 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.75 versus -$3.30).
- This stock's share value has moved by only 10.98% over the past year. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- 36.09% is the gross profit margin for GOLDCORP INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of GG's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GG's net profit margin of -5.12% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full Goldcorp Ratings Report.