- GLNG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $126.7 million.
- GLNG has traded 302,774 shares today.
- GLNG is trading at 3.11 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- GLNG is trading at a new high 5.10% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GLNG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GLNG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GLNG: Golar LNG Limited, a midstream liquefied natural gas (LNG) company, is engaged in the transportation, regasification and liquefaction, and trading of LNG. The company operates in two segments, Vessel Operations and Commodity Trading. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5%. GLNG has a PE ratio of 22.8. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Golar LNG a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Golar LNG has been 2.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Golar LNG has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.15 and a short float of 8.8% with 1.14 days to cover. Shares are down 4.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Golar LNG as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its price level of one year ago, GLNG is up 2.15% to its most recent closing price of 35.09. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals should not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- GLNG's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 84.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.45, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, GOLAR LNG LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $18.98 million or 16.90% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Golar LNG Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.